Wake 'em Up! Business Presentations
Speaking expert, Tom Antion, has written a book packed with hints, tips
and common sense suggestions on how to become proficient as a public
speaker. This is the ideal self-help book for anyone wanting to speak
effectively. The 19 chapters of Wake 'em Up provide a wealth of
- Over 1000 advanced speaking tips and techniques
- Effective Seating Methods . . . Easy to use diagrams.
- Professional Level Introductions . . . Advanced template. You fill
in the blanks.
- Wake 'em Up Openings . . . 4 types of formula openings so you'll
always have a variety.
- Instantly Usable Speaker Material
- Attention Gaining Devices . . . These 11 simple techniques keep
- Speaking Formulas . . . No need to develop material. Just fill in
- Hard Hitting Closings . . . Designed to leave a lasting
- Material Selection . . . Learn how to make appropriate choices to
suit any audience.
- Many Delivery Tips . . . More than we have seen in any other
presentation skills book.
- 51 Stage Fright Strategies . . . Simply pick the mix that calms you
- Timing . . . Learn the secrets of knowing when to pause.
- Humour Placement . . . Where does it go? When should humour be
- Genius Microphone Techniques . . . Powerful tips and hits
- Saver Lines . . . Learn what to say to turn a turkey into a
- 100 Pre-planned Ad-libs . . . You'll look like a quick wit when you
use these lines.
- Stage Movement . . . How to create a strong stage presence.
- Clothing Tips . . . What works in the spotlight, and what doesn't
- 6 Involvement Techniques . . . Audiences demand it . . . now you
have lots of ways to deliver it.
- Emotional Language . . . Learn how to pick your words to push their
- Practice Techniques . . . Fantastic tricks that make you look
- 34 Ways to Be Funny . . . Only 1 has anything to do with joke
- Storytelling . . . Learn how to paint pictures in the audiences
member's minds . . . 27 do's and don'ts tell you how.
- Sources and Organization of Material . . . Arrange content fast with
these handy tips.
- Audio Visual Equipment . . . How to get the most out sound and
Comments about the book:
In my 25 years with Marriott, I have seen countless presentations
from all types of potential vendors, executives and trainers. If these
people had used Tom's book 'Wake 'em Up' as their guide, their
presentations would have made a bigger impact on me.
Roger J. Dow, Vice President, General Sales Manager, Marriott
Las Vegas, the Community of the Future was built on excitement.
To help people in your community or organization create dreams and visions
of a better tomorrow you must be able to instil the same kind of
excitement in them. Tom's book 'Wake 'em Up' teaches the art and science
of doing just that. His tips have helped me enormously.
John O'Reilly, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Greater Las
Vegas Chamber of Commerce
If you would like more information about Wake 'em Up, or about
Tom Antion's speaking training on video, click HERE.
|An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator. If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.|